The VirtualRDC can be contacted in several ways:
- To request an account, contact the VirtualRDC administrators
- Also contact VirtualRDC administrators for administrative issues
- For technical issues, contact VirtualRDC technical administrators
You can keep up-to-date with issues regarding the VirtualRDC by
- Consulting the main VirtualRDC website
- Subscribing to the VirtualRDC RSS feed using a compatible RSS Reader.
- Subscribing to our events calendar using a compatible calendar application (iCal, Sunbird, etc.).
- For some activities, separate mailing lists are kept. Consult the Mailing lists page.
RSS feeds can be read in a variety of dedicated readers, browsers, or email readers, the choice is yours. Google lists a number of readers. Here’s a limited selection of clients, tested and untested:
- The URL you will need to provide your RSS client with is http://www.vrdc.cornell.edu/news/?feed=rss2. The exact manner of providing it to your client will vary, we provide links to instructions below.
- The free Firefox browser has RSS capabilities. It is described on their homepage.
- The VirtualRDC maintainers use the (free) Sage for Firefox (further info)
- RSS feeds also work very well using the free Thunderbird email client – they simply appear as email (more info)
- The (free) Opera browser has some of the most intuitive RSS capabilities.
- Outlook Express does not have native capability, but several add-ons are available. Extensa is one (untested, not endorsed) example. Please let us know if you have success with an Outlook-based product.
- Eudora also does not have native RSS capability, but a Google search yields some plugins. Again, let us know if you have success with a Eudora-based product.
- You can also subscribe to RSS feeds through Feedburner, see our mailing list page.