Install and Use NX Client 3.5
- If using Mac OS X 10.7 or higher, and Windows 8 and higher, you need to follow installation instructions for Version 4.
- If you do not already have NX installed, follow download and installation instructions for Version 3 at http://www.nomachine.com/download-3 (as of Nov 26, 2013, the download is no longer available - we have archives of Windows, Linux, and OS X versions). You should choose the NX client for the "platform" of your desktop computer (i.e., if you are using a Windows computer to access ECCO, you should download the Windows client).
- Once you have NX installed, you need to configure a "session". We have prepared a pre-configured NX session config file, downloadable from here. You should unzip it. The file contained within, called 'ECCO.nxs' (or 'SSG.nxs'), should be put into the NX config location
- $HOME/.nx/config (Linux, Mac)
- C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\.nx\config (Windows XP and previous)
- C:\Users\USERNAME\.nxconfig (Windows 7, maybe Vista)
- You can now open the "NX Client for Windows" (or ... for Linux or ... for Mac), and should see a sessions called 'SSG'. Open that, and when prompted for a password, use your ECCO password